This post is written to close the Creative Futures project. In this post I have worked for a lot of different clients and I have gone to many courses and demonstrations:
– UAB project: Two physics professors of the Autonomus University of Barcelona claimed us to do a few futuristic shorts focused on nature and environmental problems.
Now, this project is in the end of the preproduction step, we have been spent a lot of time talking with the professors and between us to have a very clear focus of what to do, but the project is a little bit stopped because we don’t have all time we wanted to achieve the results we are looking for, so we want to carry on with this project when we have a little more time.
This project helped me to discover that to be successful in a project as big as it is you need a lot of time and a perfect workflow. It helped me to know how it feels to be inside of a huge production where is money involved.
In this project I had the role of Technical Director.
– Maresme Planteles photographies: In this project I did some professional photos of cactus that will be able be used as catalog photos, to send them to the client by email or to decorate a stand in a fair.
At this time, the spring season is hardly finished and they don’t need more photos.
This project have taught me how to manage the petitions of people that doesn’t know about audiovisual media but knows a lot about their business, and how merge both visions to achieve the best result.
– Help Catalonia: I started this project as a volunteer because of my deeper feelings. As you may know, Catalonia have been living a self-determination process that pretends to be similar to the Scottish one. The trouble, is that Spain has not the british democratic culture and we have being attacked many times for the Spanish government. So, I wanted to help this process as an anonymous citizen doing what I think is the best I can do: Audiovisual media. So I started to work for Help Catalonia, an organization that tries to explain how are we living this process. This organization pretends to be a serious information source to offset the powerful Spanish media.
Anna, the organization coordinator is so happy with my work and is always saying to me that if she have to sing something to prove that I have worked a lot for them I only have to say it to her.
My work there have been several video montages, subtitle overpainting and a graphic identity for the Youtube channel that it’s been used by the rest of the media volunteers. To create the visual identity I created a caption, some chyrons and a stylistic style to sign the videos.
My greatest goal, is a viral video that was mentioned in the most important newspapers, televisions and radios in Catalunya.
– Academicapp: This is the project that have moved me closer than the professional world. I had to do a promoting video for an iPhone app. The creators of this app are Tecnocampus students: an engineer and a marketing student. To make three students of three different degrees in the same campus work together in the same project is a success for Tecnocampus as a campus model.
After seeing the final result, Juan Minguel, the marketing student was amazed and he didn’t know what to say. It was more than they were speccing for.
This project have fought me to analyze what exactly the client wants (they had a very open mind and some audiovisual knowledge) and extract the best method of achieve it.
-Cinema 4D courses: I did two cinema 4D courses in Mad Center (Poblenou, Barcelona) as well as Raul, Sergi, Nuria… She told us that this school was amzaing and she was right, I learnt how to use Cinema 4D even better than Maya. Now it is my main 3D software, and have changed all my Negotiated Studies project. It was tough to be done using Maya, but a big amount of the work have been done using C4D.
Now, I can say that I have an advanced level of C4D.
The courses I did are the following ones:
In resume, 64 hours of classwork and a lot more practicing at home.
– After Effects course: In Mad Center I did an After Effects course too, an advanced one, because I had previous knowledge. I learned a lot about integration, camera tracking and some plug ins, as Element 3D, Twixtor, Particular or Newton.
The course is the following one:
– Animac: On 29 of February Sergi, Raul and I went to one of the most important animation festivals in Spain. Lleida’s Animac festival. We could attend to many interesting conferences and speeches and be saw lots of animation films of many different styles and countries.
– Projection Mapping show: I went to an Audi advertisement show in a dome in the middle of Barcelona. I could see a nice show. They mapped on an Audi A3 surface and on an structure similar than the Audi front, and then I could see a 360º video projected at the dome. I was really lucky because in that session there were some Advertisement students of the Barcelona’s University and the creator of the campaign did a conference about technical and artistic details of the show. These conference only happened once, so I was really, really lucky.